top of page
Back to FAQs


FAQ 10. What type of home support is available for people with ME and FM?


Consider talking to your primary health care provider about your needs for support at home and what services are available in your area. 


Some people with ME and FM find having a home visit by an occupational therapist helpful to work through mobility and safety issues. 


Home care and cleaning services may also support living at home but may require additional education and advocacy to be explicit with your needs (e.g., time of day, length of stay, chemical sensitivities, and noise). 


Handi-dart and other driving services may support your transportation needs to appointments. 


Asking friends and family may be emotionally hard to do but may be met with willingness and support to help.

bottom of page